Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Send In a Nurse

About a week ago I got a headcold. Then the headcold seemed a bit more than a headcold, with really bad pressure in my forehead and upper nose, dizzyness and mild fever. Of course, this was the night that between the 3 children I was up 12 times between 10pm-3am!

The next day I lost my voice.

So I went to the doc and begged for Anti-biotics. Doc did a swab for strep and told me it was likely just viral and gave me a handful of Advil Liquid Gels.

Next night ear infection that hurt so bad I couldn't fall asleep until about 1:30am. 4:30am I wake up in excruciating pain. Wondering IF/how I should go to the hospital. How does one get to the hospital that early in the morning with 3 kids, not knowing a soul?? About an hour later as I was pacing the house, drinking water, doping up on Advil, all of a sudden my ear starting bubbling and popped and then a constant sticky stream of fluid ever since. Must have burst an ear drum.

This afternoon, I convinced Anika to have a nap, put the baby gate across the stairs, turned on a movie for Keira & Traver and dozed on the couch for a couple hours.

When Anika woke up she was whiny and wanted me and curled up on my chest and dozed off again, Traver bouncing at the edge of the couch crying and wanting me too and Keira yelling in everyone's faces, cuz that's what she does.

Went upstairs, took my temp again...another fever, and chills. The kids are cying, I've got to make dinner but I feel like curling up on the couch and going back to sleep.

This is the part of single parenthood that kind of drives me nuts!

Oh I forgot to mention that when I was getting the kids in the van, I put the girls in, then walked around the van with Traver and slipped on black ice. Broke open one knee, got a blue gooser on the other knee, popped a blood vessle in my hand and cut it open but luckily Traver didn't even touch the ground. Mothers instict I guess was to hug all 27 lbs of him closer.

Then I drop Anika and Traver off with the babysitter because Keira had an appointment. Went to buckle Keira back into her booster seat and smashed my head on the way out the door. And now I have a gooser on my head. *sigh

Make it stop!!

1 comment:

  1. man...that sucks. I hope that things start going your way soon, cuz there is only so much more that you can handle. I wish that I was there to give you a hand. I am sending you positive thoughts tho in hope that it helps a bit

    ReplyDelete