Saturday, March 14, 2009

Polly Pocket vs. Diamond

Let me tell you a story. We used to have a dog. Her name was Xyna (pronounced Zee-na - don't get me started on the spelling). She was a Pitbull/Lab X. Beautiful, hyper, annyoing, destructive, stinky dog.

One day, I was cleaning house and playing with the dog. Later on that day, I noticed the diamond was missing out of my ring. I was in a panic! I checked the washer and dryer, I strained the bucket of water I was cleaning with, I vacuumed the entire basement and then went through the vacuum bag to try and find the diamond. It was nowhere to be found, so it was assumed that Xyna ate it while we were playing around.
Ever wonder how long it takes for a diamond to go through a dog and come out the other end? Less than 24 hours! I could hardly sleep all night because I was worrying about the diamond and so I got up in the morning, went out to the backyard, picked up all the poop in a bucket, got a bottle of Mr. Clean to make it into poop soup, a pair of rubber gloves and then started straining it.

Would you believe it? The diamond was there! I got my tweezers and put the diamond in a Ziploc bag and went into Birks and made up some story about how my diamond fell out of my ring and I need to get it reset.


What does this have to do with Polly Pockets? - I'm sure you're wondering. Keira had the little Polly Pocket with the blue car. You can't tell from the picture, but she's only about an inch tall. Last night I took the kids out for DQ treats and to Value Village to pick out a toy. Keira found a really cool Polly Pocket neighborhood with all these tiny little gadgets. When it was time to go to bed, she put the neighborhood on her dresser but needed to sleep with Polly (keeping in mind Polly is less than an inch tall - not exactly the best cuddle buddy).

This morning, she went upstairs to get her Kanteen and came down with her little neighborhood.

"Where is your Polly Pocket?" I ask

"I swallowed it" she says matter of factly.

So the question is...how long will it take to come out and is it worth "resucing?"

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't rescue it but I would have rescued the diamond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you actaully almost made me Puke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute Louise!!! Kids are great aren't they??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually waiting with baited breath to see who came out the winner..the polley pocket or the diamond...

    ReplyDelete
  5. well as it turns out i think she only THOUGHT she ate it because she had it in her mouth and now it's lost. i'm pretty sure polly would have made her entrance by now if she swallowed it. thank goodness because keira probably would have wanted me to save polly. *puke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha WOW

    I remember you telling me about the diamond at the post office. Great story!

    Poor Polly though, and Keira! Outch!

    ReplyDelete