Friday, March 13, 2009

Another Birthday, Friday the 13th and the Bedtime Marathon

My little baby turned ONE on Thursday! This year, in a way, has gone by so fast! Traver has been so much fun. I have really enjoyed mothering him. Life was so crazy this year, and he was just so calm and happy.
He's standing on his own now and so proud of himself. He doesn't seem to have any interest to walk yet though. He'd prefer to be carried everywhere (especially in the Mei Tai Wrap).
We were going to have a little party for him but P didn't have eggs, so didn't get around to making his cake or wrapping his present. Which turned out to be alright because I had a migrane and was in no mood to be cooking dinner, entertaining and then cleaning up. So we will have the party on Sunday at his place. He is inviting his family. Bets anyone? They aren't going to show up because I'll be there. I hope he doesn't get too mad or upset. I told him he can just do the party without me, but he reminded me that we agreed to do the kids bday parties together. So we'll cross our fingers that SOMEone will at least show up.
So, Tracey reminded me that it's Friday the 13th. So, Happy Friday the 13th :) There was a spider in my laundry today. I think that's why.
I'm completely exhausted by the bedtime marathon in my house. It's one of those things I probably can't change and just need to learn to see the positive and not let it bother me. It's upsetting for me that the end of nearly everyday ends in frustration. The kids are so needy and need me all at once. So I deal with one kid while the other ones cry or yell and then I get to the next kid, while the first one starts bawling because s/he wasn't done with me yet. It makes me sad and I wish I was an ocotopus, or that I could multiply and have 3 of me at bedtime. Actually, while I'm multiplying, I'd sure love to have a few extra of me hanging around to clean the house :)

1 comment:

  1. The multiplying thing sounds like a good idea, but then would the copies of yourself need you too? I hope Traver has a great birthday party 1st birthdays are so fun.

    ReplyDelete