Thursday, April 23, 2009

Weatherman - YOU'RE FIRED

Yesterday was a beautiful day. The air was a bit chilly early in the morning, but it warmed up and was quite pleasant. I wore capri's with sandles and a tshirt. At about 4:15pm, I took Traver out in the stroller and walked over to the daycare to pick the girls up.
At 6pm it started snowing.
That wasn't a joke.
By the time the kids went to bed, it was snowing pretty hard. The weatherman warned me this would happen, so I wasn't surprised, but I was under the impression that it would be a light snow that didn't stick to the ground, because the pavement was so hot.I woke up this morning to about 4-5 inches of snow!! I couldn't find Keira's winter boots this morning but luckily had another pair in a box in the basement that were too big for her, but I told her she had to wear them anyway. My van was buried. It was the heavy wet snow with lots of ice underneath, so I had to run back in the house and get my gloves out of the basement so I could scrape the windows.
How ridiculous is this??

2 comments:

  1. Its pretty ridiculous! Spring come here quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also under the impression that it would a a light skiff of snow...flurries I think they called it? No, a full blown, blow you over with a fierce North wind blizzard is what we got! I think we've messed with Mother Nature so much that now she's decided to get us back...and I'm pretty sure she's laughing at us while we cringe!

    I've learned to never, ever put away the kids winter gear or the window scraper until July ;)

    ReplyDelete