Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

"Mommmm-meeeeeee!, I'm all covered in bloooooood!" These are the shreiks I woke up to this morning as Keira walks out of her bedroom with indeed, blood all over her. She had a nose bleed. Must be from the dryness and/or coughing too hard. I got her cleaned up and convinced that she's not dying.

Traver woke up barely breathing. I've got him on the breathing machine and he's batting it away from his face and hitting me because he's mad I'm doing it.

Keira is being pouty and saying "Anika touched my Strawberry Shortcake blankie!" I then got a lecture from her about how SHE can open the baby gate so we can all go downstairs. I try to explain to her that only Mommy opens the gate for safety, but I can't win.

I sit all the sniffly nose kids down at the table for some Cheerios and bananas. Keira's banana is "yucky" and she wants a big one - meaning she is NOT sharing her banana with the other kids. So I give her a clean banana, and split the "yucky" one between Traver & Anika (which they happily eat). Then Cheerio's start flying everywhere.

I'm trying to ignore the fighting and my pounding headache from a cold that is trying to creep into my chest, when I realize what DAY it is. It's Wednesday - I have an appointment at 11am that I'm not supposed to bring the kids to. I of course just moved and don't know a soul and when I set up the appointment thought P would have the kids today.

Into the shower I go, with 3 crying, fighting, pouting kids bouncing at the edge of the tub because they want a shower too. I remind them that we actually have a bathtub now, so after I shower, they can have a bath, so please go play in the playroom for 5 mins. The crying and fighting didn't stop so I thought asking them to take their clothes off to get ready for their bath would distract them for 2 min. Wrong. "I can't do it" temper tantrums started so I opened the curtain, got all three kids undressed while I tried to finish washing off the soap. Popped the plug in with my foot and they all climbed in as the tub was filling up and I got kicked out of the shower.

Go get your socks, I say - I caaaan't Mommy
Go get your boots please, - I can't find them Mommy
Go get your jacket please, - I can't get it Mommy, I can't find it, YOU get it. I walk up to the top of the stairs where I tell Keira she left her jacket and there it is - she had to have stepped over it when she told me she couldn't find it.

Keira then has a meltdown because we can't find her Klean Kanteen.

I carry all 3 crying kids out to the van to go to our appointment where they acted like perfect angels.

Keira walked out of the building after our appointment and started running for the van. She headed towards where we normally park, but because it was busy this morning, we were parked in different spot so she did a nose dive tripping over my foot and got little snowy handprints skidding across the sidewalk. And the crying started again.

When we get home we deal with a few potty accidents from Keira, a few meltdowns from Anika because someone touched her, and a few crying fits from Traver because HE wanted to talk on the phone.

I tried to catch a snooze on the couch because I feel like having a temper tantrum, but all the kids wanted to sit on my lap, but didn't want either of the others to touch me OR themselves. So now, I've got 3 kids fighting over a spot on my very small lap.

I asked the kids if they wanted Hot Dogs for dinner because I didn't want to waste time or food on sick kids that weren't going to eat. Keira didn't want Hot Dogs. She MUST be sick. She then fell asleep on the couch after giving up on trying to get me to "fix" her snotty nose. I just realized she's asleep on the couch in her swimming suit. How the heck am I going to get a PullUp on her??

Anika is hanging all over me, not wanting to cuddle, but not wanting to not cuddle. Traver finally went down for a sleep. So now I've got 2.5 sleeping kids 2 hours before bedtime. The night is only just beginning *sigh

2 comments:

  1. Oh my what a day you had I hope that you have a better one today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life as a mother is for sure very rough.

    -Gabi

    ReplyDelete